Diane Stibbard is a Toronto-based personal trainer and sports coach with over 25 years of experience under her belt
Diane Stibbard was born and raised in Australia and has coached and personal trained in Australia, Hong Kong and across Canada, including Vancouver, Calgary and currently now in Toronto, since 1984.
Diane believes that the desire to achieve any goal comes from within, and she has a unique ability to motivate, educate and provide the knowledge that is necessary to help individuals achieve their athletic and fitness goals.
She’s represented Canada around the world, has twice been voted Canadian Duathlete of the year, and had a 4th place finish at the World Duathlon Championships in Newcastle, Australia.
As a world class duathlete, Diane brings a rare combination of expertise, motivation and knowledge to Down Under Fitness. She knows that the driving force to reach any goal comes from a deep desire within. As a trainer, she has a unique ability to help individuals embrace this desire to achieve their athletic potential.
Down Under Fitness provides aerobic testing, training programs for highly competitive athletes and recreational individuals, nutritional counseling, personal training, and athletic injury prevention and rehabilitation.
Diane lives, cycles, runs and works in Toronto where she trains sports enthusiasts of all stripes, including: duathletes, triathletes, runners and recreational cyclists.
Diane’s most notable personal athletic accomplishments include:
- Team Member – Canadian Duathlon Team 1992, 1993, 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2005
- 4th place finish at the World Duthlon Championships in Newcastle, Australia, 2005
- 8th place finish at the World Duathlon Championships in Atlanta in 2002
- 6th place finish at the World Duathlon Championships in Rimini, Italy, 2001
- Canadian Female Age Group Duathlete of the Year 2001 and 2005– Voted by Triathlon Canada
- Subaru Age Group Duathlon Series Winner – 2001, 2002
- Top 10 Canadian Women Finisher at the New York City Marathon 1998
- 2000 Chicago Marathon and Boston 2001Marathon Finisher
- Top 10 finish in the Open Female Category at the Paris to Ancaster Enduro 60km Bike Race
- 1st Place woman Citizens Time Trial – Alp Du Huez France 2013
- Diploma of Physical Education (Major) Minor in Athletic Therapy (Honors)
- Level I & II Coaching Certification
- ACE Personal Trainer/Weight & Lifestyle Management
- CFC – Certified Fitness Appraiser
- Fit-Fore-Golf Certification
- Reebok Spinning Certification
- Resist-a-ball Core Instructor Training Level I&II
Memberships and Affiliations:
- USA Triathlon Association (USTAT)
- International Society of Sports Nutrition (ISSN)